Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Distractions are BAD!! Keep your focus! ooOoOoo SHINY!! ;)
Today, my orchestra met for rehearsal before school starts to get our first pieces. I was super nervous at first and afraid that everything was going to be so hard, but I survived and I loved it!! It was so great to be surrounded by people sincerly trying to learn the music and enjoying every moment of it. I love chamber!!! Okay, so unfortunately today was kind of a hectic day getting ready for back to school, going to rehearsal, and then going to a church activity. So, I didn't practice. I blew it!!! And only on day 3 of my new goal! The good news is I know what I need to be more careful of in the future. A good part of my day was spent doing things that were important but that could wait. So here's a hint. When you have too many tasks on that to-do list, Put first things first. I find myself constantly getting distracted from the most important things and then lose confidence in myself because I didn't get done what I promised myself I'd do. The good thing is habits can change as we set goals! "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I'm not perfect. My weakness: distractions. My strength: the Lord. Tomorrow I will practice first thing in the morning. I've got lots of new pieces to work on, but I still need to practice region music! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you didn't get discouraged and that you can step back and see your weakness. Man, you are so wise and mature! Good luck practicing in the morning! (But don't play on an empty stomach!)
ReplyDelete:) Thanks! lol i did practice! I had to let myself wake up first though otherwise It wouldn't of done me much good.
ReplyDelete