Monday, August 24, 2009

Whew! Glad that's over!

Okay, so the first day of school wasn't exactly what I expected. Most of my teachers seem incredibly tough. I start out the day with journalism. A good way to start out the day in my opinion. My teacher's really sweet, outgoing, and easygoing. After that I go to orchestra. The first day of school we already had to bring our instruments, but it was definately worth it. I didn't need another class of sitting listening to rules and procedures. I'm already loving chamber! There's no more lecturing, no pep talks. We just pick up our instruments and play. :) One bummer about my schedule is after that I have all four of my core classes. My teachers are all strong-willed women who aren't going to put up with anything. A little frightened by all four martinets, I was questioning whether I could survive this year when I decided I'd set a goal! I really feel that if you want anything you need to decide that you're going to work for it. You need to put it in writing so that it can never be erased or left in the dust and you need to converge all of your desires into a promise, a commitment that you will not give up until you have reached the top. I, Shannon, promise that I will not just strive to do, but I will do all in my power to make my frighteningly strict teachers look like angels. I will stay organized, be on top of things, dig a little deeper, be prepared, and heed every counsel my teachers give me. I will not survive; I will thrive! Well, I gotta get started. I have a lot of work to do! But wait! I can't stop with that. How can I know what it takes to get there if I don't place the steps?

What I'm going to do:
1) study and review each night in every subject
2) start assignments as soon as I know about them and don't procrastinate!
3) don't rush it. really think hard and dig a little deeper into the question. Think differently.
4) stay positive and be determined to learn.
5) don't stress, stay organized, trust God.

Sacrifices: sleep, time with friends, computer or tv time
Benefits: better chance of getting into BYU, high GPA, confidence, wonderful treasures of Knowlegde

Am I willing to make the sacrifice?:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, good luck! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm sure you can find a way to juggle it all.

    ReplyDelete