Friday, June 24, 2011
Let's try this again!
Wow! I can't believe it's been two years since I've written anything. I actually thought I had deleted my blog. When I finally decided I wanted to give it a shot again, I was suprised to see it here just the way I left it. Well, time to dust off the pages and get to writing again. Things haven't changed much. The only difference between now and then is that I have a lot more experiences with music in my life. I have had a fair share of ups as well as downs in the past two years that I hope to learn from equally. It's summer again which means that Region auditions are fast approaching along with a new friend of mine called ALL STATE! I cringe at the thought of it. I will be a senior in the fall, so this is my last chance. I auditioned for both Region and All State last year. I made Philharmonic Region next to last chair (not my happiest moment considering I hoped I would at least improve) and I did manage to make Area. As far as solo and ensemble goes my ensemble received an "excellente", but my solo was probably the worst performance of my life. I don't think I deserved that "good". Like I said, I had a fair share of bad days. One thing exciting about my Junior year is that I joined Choir. I am loving it! In fact, I will be in two choirs this coming fall. I have added voice lessons as well as piano lessons to my already hectic schedule. I love it! Still, sometimes I feel I lack motivation to keep pressing forward in this love of mine...sometimes I don't even think I love it anymore, like I've been blinded by love all my life. Thankfully, it doesn't take much to get me moving again which is why I started up this blog again! So my advice for tonight, never give up on your dreams! Good night all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you're posting again! I need to work harder on keeping up my blog. Thank you thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog earlier. I really enjoy hearing about your goals and accomplishments. Even if you have frustrations or set backs in your music, just know that you are way more musical than I will ever be! Are you headed to BYU in the fall? I'm sorry we missed you this summer. Let me know if you'll be back up here before summer ends!
ReplyDelete